Updated in February 2021
The start of a new year brings opportunities for businesses to grow, achieve higher capabilities, and set goals accordingly. In the fast-growing world of digital commerce, it is crucial to stay competitive in the market and showcase your sales potential. This is why we encourage everyone to plan their sales strategies according to a holiday calendar, to help boost revenue and unlock new opportunities.
We’ve put together the top, most important month-by-month holidays and celebrations happening in 2021, which should help you plan ahead your eCommerce strategies. Pick the most suitable events for your business throughout the year and make the most of these opportunities, by being timely with messages and promotions you showcase for your user base.
eCommerce and What the Future Holds
Before diving into the Digital Commerce Holidays Calendar for 2021, let’s take a look at a few interesting eCommerce statistics that you should know:
- In 2021, over 2.14 billion people worldwide are expected to buy goods and services online
- In August, 2020, online gift stores saw over 490% year-over-year growth in monthly revenue
- 2020’s November-December Holiday Retail Sales grew 8.3 percent over the same period in 2019, to $789.4 billion
- In 2020, Cyber Monday set a new record, bringing online retailers $43 billion in sales globally, an increase of 18% over last year
- By 2040, 95% of commerce transactions will happen online
- In the near future, online sales have the potential to reach $200 billion (47% YoY growth) if consumers avoid going to stores for shopping during the current Covid-19 pandemic
It is clear that digital commerce is experiencing continuous and steady growth, and even though we live in a COVID-19 era, there is still hope for the best. As we practice social distancing, everyone has slowly been moving online, both stores and shoppers. With this being said, eCommerce is now on top of everything and might hold the key to your business’ success.
Whether you are struggling with revenue loss, entering new markets, or feeling the need to stay competitive during major shopping holidays around the globe, this will help you face your challenges and achieve your goals. We’ve started the planning process for you so you can get a jump start on this year’s promotional seasons.
A few quick and useful tips before you get started:
- Pick the holidays you want to target and set goals accordingly
- Always start your campaigns ahead of time
- Research new relevant trends and see what you can implement in your campaigns
- Get to know your targeted customers and their shopping behavior, and aim to exceed their expectations and needs
- Make personalization your best friend
- Spread the joy on all channels (social media, email, advertising, online communities, etc.)
- Decide what discounts are suitable for which holiday
- Make sure your customer support team is very well trained and prepared to deal with difficult customers and situations
- Choose a robust eCommerce platform that has the infrastructure to cater to busier times
- Make sure everything is working well with your analytics, so you can monitor your website’s performance, the traffic, purchase flows, etc.
- Have fun and reward yourself and your colleagues afterwards!
The Ultimate eCommerce Holidays Calendar for 2021
Here is the eCommerce Calendar for 2021! It should help any marketer stay on top of the holiday highlights of the upcoming year. Make sure to print it and pin it near your desk!
Now you should definitely be ready to start planning your marketing campaigns for the new year!
With this being said, it’s also important to look back and gain insights from what you have accomplished in 2020 so far. Learn from the things you have done right, as well as the things on which you have missed out. Look for new opportunities and don’t be afraid to try out new things, so you can achieve a prosperous business year.
What holidays do you celebrate, and are there any you think we should add? We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t hesitate to drop us a comment below. 😊