As trick-or-treaters prepare to knock on our doors, we’ve decided to reward our spookiest affiliate with an iPad Mini this Halloween season. Just post a photo of you (and your friends, for that matter) in your best Halloween attire on Facebook or Twitter, using the #avangatehalloween hashtag.
All registered affiliates are eligible to win, regardless of sales volume. So don’t leave that costume hanging in your closet: take a picture and show us your outfit for this special (and scary) day. See the details of our competition here.
Along with pumpkins, scary stories, and costume contests like ours, Halloween can come with great profits for those who make some basic marketing efforts. As an affiliate, you should make the most out of this holiday opportunity: Halloween is the perfect chance to practice for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Here are some recommendations to keep in mind when preparing your holiday sales strategy:
- Offer special deals and bundles.
- Make a dedicated landing page that shows holiday spirit.
- Organize a contest! The best part of Halloween is showing off your costume to the world, so create a costume contest and ask your customers to enter by sharing pictures or videos of their festive outfits.
- Offer a discount coupon on future purchases for customers who buy something from you on Halloween.
- Spice up your brand image with relevant pictures and post them on social media (in a way that aligns with your brand).
- Enrich your content with dedicated posts, and syndicate these on forums and other websites in your niche.
- Personalize your shopping cart template (pumpkins and candy are good default options).
- Send an email blast to alert your customers with a teaser one week in advance.
- Send your Halloween newsletter the night before the actual celebration takes place.
In addition to these suggestions, there are plenty of opportunities for retailers to make money during fall. It’s smart to leverage the Halloween hubbub as practice for the biggest holiday sales days, so try out some of our strategies and see if you can “scare” up some sales. And in the meantime, don’t forget to enter our contest and get a chance to win an iPad Mini!