At any time, but especially during recession periods, a software vendor needs the most cost-effective tools that can bring him extra revenue or at least keep the sales volumes constant. He needs to have a good exposure of his brand and his product(s) on the Internet.
Affiliate marketing is one of the ways to go in the software business. The costs for doing such a campaign are low and the results can make the difference.
But how can a vendor attract affiliates that sell software?
Here are a few simple things to do in order to get the most out of an affiliate marketing campaign:
- Having an affiliate sign-up page on the vendor’s website
- Communicating through a dedicated e-mail address for affiliate matters
- Creating customized landing pages on the vendor’s website
- Sending marketing materials to the affiliates
- Being present on affiliate forums and blogs
- Keeping in touch with your affiliates
This is only the beginning. To be truly “affiliate efficient”, a software vendor must continuously monitor the activity of the affiliates and to pay them commissions according to their performance.
We’ve prepared a white paper: “Best Practices in Software Affiliate Marketing” (yes, it is free!) which will help you find out more about attracting affiliates, solving the channel problem and preventing affiliate fraud. We hope you’ll enjoy it and don’t forget to leave us some feedback on it.
Check out even more affiliate marketing articles on our dedicated website section!
Are you as “affiliate efficient” as you would like to be?