Here we are, in the end of 2009, patiently waiting for the New Year party and thinking about 2009, about the good and the bad and the next year :). We are all proud to have been able to enrich our software selling platforms with plenty of features, basically meant to help more vendors reach more clients.
And we were very happy to be rated as top eCommerce provider by our clients, in the survey made by Andy Brice.
We are particularly happy with the progress made with the Avangate shopping cart’s conversion rates. Using advanced analytics applications such as Omniture and extensive A/B testing, we obtained control over every tiny detail of the shopping cart – and this flexibility translated into higher conversion rates.
In short, here’s a recap of the Avangate eCommerce, reseller management and affiliate platforms’ main developments in 2009 and other “notable” milestones :):
- Both vendors and affiliates can use the special Avangate Payoneer MasterCard to get paid faster and more convenient;
- A first Russian webinar and a Chinese conference were organized for software vendors, allowing us to show off our new Chinese and Russian language skills ;).
- The Avangate software affiliate network grew in 2009 like others in a century;), welcoming power affiliates such as Download.com, Tucows.com, Software.com, Offers.com, Brothersoft.com, Couponcode.com, Toptenreviews.com and Softonic.com. It now allows extremely flexible vendor-affiliate relationships including custom generation of discount coupons by the affiliates and so on – and it won’t slow down its growth in 2010 either:).
- ARMS – Avangate Reseller Management System reached version 3.0, constantly adapting to our clients’ needs – a big thank you to all for your feedback on this!
- A new European sales channel was born and is now available to all Avangate vendors: Intel® Business Exchange Software Store – I strongly encourage you to take a look at it, if you haven’t already.
- The internationalization of Avangate moved on, counting in 2009 ordering interfaces in 13 languages. Also, more local payment methods were added: DIRECTebanking.com for Germany, Austria, Switzerland and The Netherlands, Carte Bleue for France and AliPay “支付宝” for China.
- Avangate services obtained the PCI DSS certification (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), basically the most important security standard for the card payment industry.
Of course, we also sponsored and attended several software business events across the globe, where we hope to meet a lot of you again in 2010.
For 2010, we intend to focus even more on increasing the conversion rates of Avangate shopping cart and to continue the optimization of client-shopping cart interaction through actions such as recovering of abandoned orders with TrialPay, email marketing and so many others.
I want to thank you all for reading this blog, for your feedback about Avangate services, for your valuable guest posts and pieces of advice expressed through comments.
To wrap it up, I would say that 2009 was a good year for selling software, at least with Avangate ;), in spite of this economic recession we’re witnessing. How was your 2009 experience?