Next up in our Affiliate Success Story series, we welcome Romain Bertoux from Telecharger, one of our top performers and long-time affiliate partners. Telecharger was recently awarded our Gold Partner of the Year title, following stellar results in our contest of the same name.
- How long have you been working in the affiliate marketing industry and what’s your main role at Telecharger?
I have been in the industry for seven years now and my role at 01net.com is to monetize our content by providing our readers with accurate offers.
- What’s your biggest affiliate marketing challenge right now?
Mobile is the most challenging. There are more and more mobile users as we speak and it is now the first device that people use to access the Internet. What is our part in this new scheme? We have to figure it out.
- Name the most successful affiliate project you’ve worked on. What do you think made it successful?
IObit is one that stands out. When we started working together back in 2010, I felt the product was good and it must have been, because conversion followed quickly. We promoted their software in various ways and our partnership grew to become a strong one.
- Can you name three digital marketing trends every company should look at over the next two years?
Mobile is obviously one of them, along with privacy tools (VPN, encryption, etc.). Video tools are always useful as YouTube and vlogging are still growing.
- How do you think our network helps Telecharger achieve its goals as an affiliate?
Avangate is offering various features, especially in white label, that suit us the best and help with conversion.
- Any advice for affiliate newcomers who are promoting software and digital goods?
Don’t get distracted solely by commission rates, you should focus on products you know the best.