As 2020 nears its end, we are still taking a moment to look back at the gains we’ve made as a company – and in our partnerships with you – despite the unprecedented challenges we’ve all faced.
First, though, we want to thank you for trusting 2Checkout to simplify modern commerce and provide the digital commerce and payment tools your business relies on to thrive globally. We owe our success to the companies with whom we partner year after year.
2020 wasn’t only the Year of the Pandemic. It was also the year that 2Checkout marked its exciting acquisition by industry leader Verifone; achieved numerous client success stories; shared knowledge through another CommerceNow online event; released new powerful products; and received several awards, among other achievements.
Let’s look back at the most noteworthy accomplishments of 2020.
Verifone acquires 2Checkout
Among our most exciting news was sharing that 2Checkout has been acquired by Verifone, a leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions.
2Checkout and Verifone share a vision to simplify modern commerce and enable frictionless experiences that help companies optimize their business performance.
We are excited to see 2Checkout continue its journey as Verifone, with even greater financial strength, scalability, resources, relationships, and market potential.
Client success stories abound
We are delighted that our existing and new partners continue to benefit from our offerings to improve their businesses, support their customers, and expand revenues.
Following are just a few of our client highlights of 2020:
- Check Point Technologies, a leading global provider of cyber security solutions, selected 2Checkout for the online sales of its ZoneAlarm consumer security solutions, and early on saw a 20% improvement in conversion rates for new acquisitions.
- VWO, a full-funnel A/B testing platform, reported significant revenue uplift after consolidating its global online sales through 2Checkout’s Monetization Platform.
- Audio Modeling, a leading provider of expressive virtual instruments and live performance software, switched to 2Checkout in order to leverage a more flexible digital commerce platform and enhance operations across multiple areas.
- SaaS provider Nozbe has chosen 2Checkout for the consolidated global online sales of Nozbe Teams, a productivity app for busy professionals. Nozbe reached new markets, increased conversion rates, and created a friendlier user experience.
- Software company Reveal Sound has reported a revenue boost and an improvement to its overall eCommerce operations.
- VS REVO Group, a utility software company, has considerably improved its eCommerce KPIs since switching to 2Checkout.
CommerceNow 2020 shares expert industry knowledge
Despite the COVID-19 craziness, our CommerceNow 2020 event came off beautifully for its fourth year (and its third online) during June. Some of our best presentations to date were shared with a virtual audience of over 3000 people, all of whom benefitted from more than ten hours of live-streamed sessions.
Topics covered by this year’s CommerceNow included eCommerce, digital marketing, conversion rate optimization, customer retention, global payments, coping in the age of COVID-19, and more.
This year’s round-up of amazing marketing, sales and eCommerce professionals included experts from Intercom, Microsoft, SEMrush, Getuplift, SproutSocial, Dropbox, UserOnboard, and Salesflare, among others. The two-day conference featured presentations and interactive Q&As.
Popular content for 2020
As important as providing you with the digital tools you need for eCommerce success is our commitment to providing timely and up-to-date information on trends, the latest tips and tricks of the trade, and additional information that will enable your business to make the right business decisions.
Among the resources we contributed during 2020:
- The 2Checkout Survey on the Impact of COVID-19 on Online Businesses, which revealed that merchants in a few verticals have thrived during the COVID-19 lockdown, while many more have experienced contractions and have seen the pandemic as a critical and significant threat to their business.
Looking ahead, companies are working to innovate, improve their offerings and client support, optimize processes, and enhance communication.
- The COVID-19 Digital Commerce Survivor Kit was developed and shared with clients and partners, proposing some product options and resources that might help you support your business during these times and take actions that will position your company for success.
- Our 2020 Global Digital Commerce Benchmark Study revealed that security software products and subscriptions continue to be in high demand. Most countries around the globe experienced significant year-over-year increases in online sales of digital goods.
- Here’s Everything you Need to Know About Online Payment Processing, a guide which provides an informative introduction and comprehensive overview of online payment processing.
Product Releases and Compliance
Summer and fall 2020 brought important updates to our Avangate Monetization Platform. The 2020 Summer Release featured advanced out-of-the-box promotions and pricing capabilities, localized cart abandonment engine and churn prevention tools, embedded ordering options for brand-centric experiences, and deeper localization options related to payments, tax, and compliance.
The 2020 Fall Release brought additional new updates, including capabilities for supporting both B2B and B2C market segments, including automation of assisted sales operations coupled with eCommerce initiatives; analytics and checkout optimizations for improved conversions and revenue; and more granular localization and reporting.
Additionally, 2Checkout continues to help its partners prepare for PSD2 and SCA compliance with seamless onboarding and updated integrations with EU service providers. Our comprehensive guide to all things PSD2 and SCA illuminates the complexities, FAQs, and additional resources to help our clients understand their impact on their business and maintain high authorization and conversion rates.
Awards and Recognition
As in past years, 2Checkout and its products were recognized internationally with some of the most important industry awards and certificates.
Following is a list of just some of the recognitions our company has received over the past twelve months:
- Named a Major Player for Subscription Management Applications by IDC MarketScape.
- Avangate Affiliate Network was ranked the #1 Cost Per Sale (CPS) Network focused on Digital Goods in this year’s mThink Blue Book survey.
- Named Winner in the Best Payments Solution category in the 2020 SIIA CODiEAwards, for the third year in a row.
- Named a Finalist for the 2020 SaaS Awards in two categories: Best SaaS for ECommerce or E-Shops and Best SaaS for Small Business or SMEs.
- Named a Leader in the Best Subscription Billing Software G2 Summer, Fall, and Winter 2020 Grid Report, and recognized as a “High Performer” in the Best E-Commerce Platforms
- Avangate Monetization Platform was chosen as the Gold Winner in the Hot Technology of the Year (Information Technology Cloud/SaaS) category and Silver Winner in the Hot Company of the Year (IT Cloud/SaaS) category by the 15th Annual Network PG’s 2020 IT World Awards.
- Avangate Monetization Platform was named the Platinum Winner in the Best B2B Payment Platform category by the 2020 Future Digital Awards.
Virtual Events & Speaking Sessions
2020 was highlighted by numerous virtual events and guest appearances by 2Checkout team members, all intended to educate our clients and partners to scale your businesses and optimize sales and revenue.
Here are some of them:
- Our session on “How to Organize Product Teams for High Impact” at Product-Led Summit 2020, an online event aimed at helping SaaS companies build products that sell themselves; 2Checkout was also a proud sponsor of the event.
- Bronze Sponsor and exhibitor at the 2020 online edition of SaaStr Annual, the number-one event in the world for the SaaS community, during September.
- Bronze Sponsor of Subscription Show 2020 during October, bringing together leading experts and brands to share their latest intel on business strategy, recurring payments, acquisition, retention, and more.
- Sponsor of both SaaStock EMEA, for Europe in October, and SaaStock APAC, for Asia-Pacific, in December, which brought together global communities of software as a service (SaaS) founders, executives, and investors.
- Our keynote session, “B2Any SaaS Growth Strategies that Drive Revenue,” at SaaSTiger in December, for which 2Checkout was a sponsor.
Life at 2Checkout During a Pandemic
Our global teams are successfully working from home and we will continue to do it for the next few weeks/months, depending on how the situation develops. We are grateful to have at hand all the tools needed to communicate virtually, internally, and externally.
Even during the COVID-19 Pandemic, 2Checkout continued to hire new employees, pivoting immediately after COVID restrictions took place to compile an efficient, remote system of interviewing, onboarding, and work-from-home training. The new positions added were for programmers, web developers, anti-fraud analysts, database administrators, accountants, and HR specialists.
In recognition of its stellar employee support and HR program, 2Checkout was named among the top ten most appreciated companies in Romania by its employees, according to “Top Employers 2020,” a ranking complied by the “Where we work” platform.
As this momentous year comes to a close, we would like to emphasize how grateful we are for our customers, partners, employees, and friends who’ve helped us get this far in our growth journey, especially during the last few tumultuous months.
In 2021, we look forward to continuing our commitment to helping your business scale on a global level and optimize the value of your buyers and subscribers worldwide, with our award-winning and comprehensive monetization platform.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!